Pomegranate is truly a miracle fruit that is known all over the world for its aphrodisiacal and healing powers. The discovery is not new – in fact, it has been regarded as a cure-all fruit since ancient times.
In China it is considered as the symbol of fertility. In India too it symbolizes progeny. Many studies suggest that the fruit can be used to treat ED (Erectile Dysfunction).
How Does Pomegranate Work For The Male Enhancement Industry?
Pomegranates are rich in nutrients, potassium, Vitamin C, fiber and antioxidants, and are very superior fruits. They can be eaten, juiced and even cooked.
The fruit works on many levels in improving sexual health. Here is a complete list of its actions:
- The fruit contains compounds are called punicalagins, and these work by lowering cholesterol and blood pressure, thereby eliminating blockages that stop the flow of blood to the heart. High cholesterol and blood pressure leads to heart disease and once a person is impacted by cardio vascular disease, his sex life goes out of the window. Pomegranates help melt carotid artery blockages and thereby reduce the risk of heart disease. In this way the fruit indirectly improves his or her sexual function.
- The antioxidants inside pomegranate are known to reduce the risk of breast, prostate and colon cancers. They also inhibit tumor growth. Many documented studies have established these properties and more studies are in progress.
- Pomegranate’s phytochemical compounds stimulate serotonin and estrogen receptors and thereby improve sexual behavior. Sexual satisfaction also increases because of the same reasons.
- Pomegranate’s nutrients increase nitric oxide levels in the body. Increased nitric oxide levels lead to relaxation of the smooth muscle in the body and dilation of blood vessels located in and around the sexual organs. This causes an increased flow of blood to the penis and just in case you did not know, an erection is caused when blood flows into the blood-holding chamber (called the Corpora Cavernosa) in the penis. So, when an increased amount of blood flows into the penis, it causes harder erections. For the same reasons, the penis size also increases in length and width when it is in erect mode. Some folks say that if you keep having pomegranate over a period of time, your erection stamina will increase as well, though there’s no scientific proof to back this claim.
- Finally, the antioxidants in Pomegranate boost the immune system and promote good health, which is so essential for having great sex.
What Is The Right Way To Eat A Pomegranate?
If you don’t want to take pomegranate extract in a pill, then you can either eat it or juice it. Here’s how you can do that:
The pomegranate is full or arils that have a sweet-tasting flesh surrounding a white seed, which too is highly edible. You should eat the arils along with the seed. Some folks spit out the seed – but it will be a good idea to crunch into the seeds and spit out the gnawed seed mash because the seeds also contain rich nutrients.
How To Juice A Pomegranate?
You can juice a pomegranate in three different ways:
- Cut it into halves. Hold a half in your hand and hand-press it on a juicer. Remember not to juice the membrane because that will make the juice bitter. Once you’re done, strain it before consumption.
- You can blend it too. Extract the arils and put them in a blender. Make the juice, strain it and consume.
- If you want to do it the ancient way, then you can keep rolling the pomegranate on a hard surface until you crack all the seeds inside. Now use a sharp tool and cut through the skin, insert a straw and drink. Note that the juice can stain, so be careful.
This is what you should know about a pomegranate.